Understanding acute and chronic injuries, care and prevention
An osteopathic approach to sports care.
On 11th November 2015 Capital Strength will host a talk and clinic by Sacha Pakkiri, an Osteopath who has been instrumental in our preparations for numerous national and international competitions, and a colleague of his who also works with athletes.
We have worked with Sacha over the past two years in perparation for European and World Championships and have benefitted significantly from his approach to training and performance.
The seminar will focus on understanding, preventing and where necessary treating common injuries, and will take place between 19.00 and 21.00. The format will be as follows:
- Acute and Chronic injuries: the physiology, differences and how to identify and address each (Sacha Pakkiri)
- The Ostepathic approach to Sports Care: philosophy and treatment plans. (Brian Kinsella)
- Q&A on both topics
- Clinic portion, spinal check and consultation.
The second hour will be dedicated to a clinic where you can get your spinal alignment checked, have a short consultaiton with Sacha or Brian to see if there are aches or pains from training that could benefit from osteopathic treatment, and find out if Ostepathy could benefit your sport performance.
Price for the evening will be €25 or €20 just for the talk. We are very excited to present this next talk as we feel it is a unique opportunity for many sports people who may have current injuries or who want to know more about how to treat and prevent them, to ask questions and learn about the Osteopathic approach.
It will also be a unique opportunity for people to learn about Osteopathy and how it can help them with their sports performance.
Attendees will also be eligible to purchase a voucher for osteopathic treatment at the reduced price of €40 (usually €65). Vouchers are one per patient, however attendees may purchase more than one, for friends family for example. Treatments will be at the Little John Centre, Walkinstown.
All proceeds from this event will go to our World Championships expense fund.
- Clinic Tutor and Lecturer, Irish College of Osteopathic Medicine
- MSc, Biomedical Research Science, Kings College London
- BSc, Osteopath, Middlesex University
- 14 years of experience as a practicing Osteopath
- Former competitive Rubgy player
- Practicing Osteopath
- Specialises in injury recovery for sports performanc